Friday, March 23, 2012

Rude Awakening

I have had the same morning alarm for 2 years and it is starting to become a dreaded thing, like nails on a chalkboard. It isn't the cheerful wake up anthem it once was, it is now associated with head aches, exhaustion, and not wanting to function.

Last night I set my alarm to a different song and looked forward to waking up to the new music. Instead I woke up to gunfire.

If i counted correctly, 10 shots were fired. I thought to myself "Self, you now know how loud gunfire is. But that is not your alarm, so continue to sleep now." I turned over and started to go back to sleep but my room mates wanted to talk about it and discuss theories. They then called the police and the helicopters showed up.
Rather loud helicopters I might add.

It wasn't the wake up I was expecting when I set my alarm to cheerful new music last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment