Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Knight Hasn't Any Manners

A person once commented, "You're clever and educated, you understand the details of etiquette, but you still choose to yawn openly and scratch yourself in church." I would have quoted them more accurately but at the time I was distracted with how much I did not want to be in a church.

Essentially, the belief is that I could be a well behaved person, if it suited my interests.

I think we all need to take a look at ourselves and consider what obedient little drones of society we could be if we were all impervious to the pain of boredom. How many times have you stared into a date’s kind eyes and as they leaned towards you, eyes fluttering shut, you briefly wondered “Is this supposed to be romantic? Well I suppose a kind person would kiss them back…” And of those times, how often have you leaned to the side and watched as they blindly try to find your lips, before you shatter their romantic scene by licking the inside of their ear?

·         If you have never licked a girl’s ear when she was leaning in for a kiss, you are probably better behaved than I am.
·         If you have never sniffed a person’s hair to identify the brand of shampoo  while the person was venting about their tragic day, you are probably better behaved than me.
·         And lastly, if you have never told a girl she’s remarkably worthless except for sex after she’s agreed to have sex with you, then you’re probably better behaved than me.
  •       Or you just incredibly desperate and you don’t want to mess up any possible shots you have at making love to a woman so you fake being a sincere and genuine human.

Many are better behaved than I, but some also claim to be better people than the person I am.  I think these people take themselves far too seriously, truth be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment